UBC announces the 2020 recipients of the Killam Accelerator Research Fellowships
16 March, 2021
UBC is pleased to announce the six recipients of the inaugural Killam Accelerator Research Fellowships. These awards recognize exceptional early-career researchers at our Vancouver and Okanagan campuses who have demonstrated outstanding research achievement and the potential for significant impact in their fields of scholarship.
The six 2020 recipients are:
- Dr. Jonathan Little, School of Health and Exercise Sciences (Health and Social Development) UBC Okanagan
- Dr. Ali Mesbah, Electrical and Computer Engineering (Applied Science) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Sara Milstein, Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies (Arts) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Jeanine Rhemtulla, Forest and Conservation Sciences (Forestry) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Katherine Ryan, Chemistry (Science) UBC Vancouver
- Dr. Leonid Sigal, Computer Science (Science) UBC Vancouver
The Killam Accelerator Research Fellowship program is established through a bequest from the late Dorothy J. Killam, and strengthens UBC’s support for early-career researchers who are ready to launch the next stage of their careers. Offered on a competitive basis, up to six awards will be made annually through the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund.
Recipients will be recognized at an annual event in May and will deliver a public lecture within the two-year term of the fellowship.
To learn more about the Killam Accelerator Research Fellowships please visit: https://research.ubc.ca/support-researchers/prizes-awards/internal-faculty-awards-deadlines.
- Achievements & Appointments
- Updates from leadership
- University news