2021 Distinguished University Scholars
3 May, 2021
The Distinguished University Scholar program recognizes UBC faculty members for their scholarly excellence. The award is conferred by the President on the recommendation of an Adjudication Panel.
Every other January, the Invitation for Nominations is announced, with a nomination deadline in March and adjudication in April. The Adjudication Panel's recommendations are submitted to the President, and the successful Distinguished University Scholars are notified and they will begin their terms in July. The next Invitation for Nominations will be issued in January 2023.
Here are the ten new Distinguished University Scholars at UBC in 2021:
- Dr. Curtis Berlinguette, Chemistry/CHBE, Faculty of Science
- Dr. Barbara Dancygier, English Language & Literatures, Faculty of Arts
- Dr. Connie Eaves, Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Jan Friedman, Medical Genetics, Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Judy Illes, Medicine (Neurology), Faculty of Medicine
- Dr. Kevin Leyton-Brown, Computer Science, Faculty of Science
- Dr. Rehan Sadiq, Engineering, Faculty of Applied Science
- Dr. Elizabeth Saewyc, Nursing, Faculty of Applied Science
- Dr. William Sheel, Kinesiology, Faculty of Education
- Dr. Diane Srivastava, Zoology, Faculty of Science