UBC congratulates 2020/21 University Killam Professors
This message was sent to executive, deans and other senior academic leaders, academic heads, directors and managers, and senior professional leaders in Vancouver and the Okanagan.
14 January, 2021
We are pleased to announce the appointment of six new University Killam Professors. This is the highest honour that UBC can confer on a faculty member.
University Killam Professors are exceptional teachers and researchers who are leaders in their fields, and have received international recognition for their talents and achievements.
The 2020/21 University Killam Professors are:
- Prof. Janice Eng, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine
- Prof. Tina Loo, Department of History, Faculty of Arts
- Prof. Bonny Norton, Department of Language & Literacy Education, Faculty of Education
- Prof. Dolph Schluter, Department of Zoology, Faculty of Science
- Prof. Rashid Sumaila, Institute for the Oceans and Fisheries, Faculty of Science, and School of Public Policy and Global Affairs, Faculty of Arts
- Prof. Dominique Weis, Department of Earth, Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences, Faculty of Science
Learn more about this year’s University Killam Professors.
Please join us in congratulating these outstanding members of the UBC community as we recognize their extraordinary research and teaching accomplishments.
Learn more about the Killam legacy at UBC.
Vice-President, Research & Innovation
Ananya Mukherjee Reed
Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Okanagan
Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Vancouver
UBC Bulletin is used to inform and engage leadership at the university. Learn more