UBC faculty members elected to the Royal Society of Canada
7 September, 2021
A total of ten UBC faculty members have been announced by the Royal Society of Canada (RSC) – nine as new fellows, and one as a new member of the College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists.
The fellowship of the RSC comprises over 2,000 Canadian scholars, artists, and scientists, peer-elected as the best in their field. These are distinguished faculty from all branches of learning who have made remarkable contributions in the arts, the humanities and the sciences, as well as in Canadian public life.
The College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists is Canada’s first national system of multidisciplinary recognition for the emerging generation of Canadian intellectual leadership.
The 2021 Fellows and Members will be welcomed into the RSC in November, at the RSC Celebration of Excellence and Engagement.
- Dr. Alejandro Adem (Mathematics, UBCV)
- Dr. Jeannette Armstrong (Community, Culture and Global Studies, UBCO)
- Dr. Curtis Berlinguette (Chemistry, UBCV)
- Prof. Isabel Grant (Peter A. Allard School of Law, UBCV)
- Dr. Stephen Guy-Bray (English Language and Literatures, UBCV)
- Dr. Toph Marshall (Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies, UBCV
- Dr. Raymond Ng (Computer Science, UBCV)
- Dr. Roger Wilson (Classical, Near Eastern, and Religious Studies, UBCV)
- Dr. Alison Wylie (Philosophy, UBCV)
NEW MEMBERS OF THE COLLEGE OF NEW SCHOLARS, ARTISTS AND SCIENTISTS
- Dr. Sheryl Lightfoot (Political Science, First Nations and Indigenous Studies and the School of Public Policy and Global Affairs, UBCV)
- Achievements & Appointments
- Our people